Friday 15 April 2011

Prepare ze lazer!


Ok, were back.

Clearly the cream did not work. All I am left with is -£50 and a very moisturised Taz...

So I managed to blag 4 Lazer sessions from a Groupon Deal at Self Sacrifice in Wardour Street Soho.

Yesterday was the consultation. The Lazer dude told me because it is old (17 years), there is a very good chance of it pretty much going.
It's going to hurt, I knew that, and the yellow 'might oxerdise' resulting in it going black. However this is normal and will go away.

Basically the lazer breaks the ink down. After each session (6 weeks apart) it will slowly disperse into your system resulting in me looking like a real life Taz... Ok resulting in a faded/gone tattoo.
Scarring is very very rare. As is blistering during the process.

All of this aside I was bricking it as he wanted to tackle a small section to test the reaction.
You get a Cryo Air tube that you blast the area with to cool it down. I can tell you this helps, but as Paul Daniels would say, not a lot!

Before he started, he did advise that this pain would be equal or worse to someone holding one end of an elastic band on the area and the other about 4-5 feet away, then twanging.
Yes I can confirm that this is true! 21 hits I took in a small area!

It instantly goes White where the lazer hits, however this goes down and your left with a sore area I place.

After care is Aloe Vera. In extreme blistering situations it is ok to use Savlon.

I go back on 26th for my first full session. I am not 100% looking forward to it, however it needs to be done.

So that's it, the Blog is back! I'll post regular updates of sessions and in between to show progress on top of a pain report.
The after pain was like Sunburn, but only lasted an hour. I expect a lot worse with the full thing though!

Image attached is of the left foot area the morning after it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment